Welcome, StumbleUpon visitor! I’d really appreciate a ‘thumbs up’ rating on StumbleUpon if you like this page. If you want to stay in the loop with blog updates, feel free to subscribe to the RSS feed or “follow” using Google Friend Connect! Thanks!
The part of “getting ready” that always confounds me is what to do with my mop. I usually blow my naturally wavy hair straight, or throw it up in a messy bun. This year is (hopefully) going to be different and I will manage to actually style my baby fine strands that never seem to cooperate. These side chignon and half up/half down hairdos from Martha Stewart look easy enough…I’m definitely going to give these looks a whirl over the holidays.
1. Using a round brush, blow-dry hair smooth and straight, focusing on the top sections.
2. Once dry, use a large-barrel curling iron to create waves from the ears down.
3. Build height and volume at the crown by teasing hair gently with a fine-tooth comb.
4. Gather hair into a low ponytail. Twist it along the nape of your neck, pinning as you go.
5. Once you reach your ear, shape the remaining hair into curls, and pin them back over the twist.
6. Spritz strands in place.
7. To add texture, gently curl and scrunch the wispy ends with your fingertips.
8. Marvel at how gorg you look!
Half and Half
1. Use a large-barrel curling iron to create loose curls all around your head, from the ears down.
2. Part your hair in the middle, and use your fingers to loosen and separate the curls.
3. Starting halfway down the part, begin spritzing your roots with hairspray. Continue to the crown.
4. To create height and volume, tease the sprayed hair with a fine-tooth comb.
5. Use a brush to gently smooth the teased hair, and gather the sides up into a half ponytail.
6. Secure the sides with pins, then use your fingers to gently shape the curls into place.
7. End with shine spray. Try John Frieda Frizz-Ease 100% Shine Glossing Mist, at drugstores.
8. Voila! A hairdo worthy of Brigitte Bardot. (PS Fun side note…this was the inspiration for my wedding hair!)